Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung.
- ‘The most common complications reported are infection and pneumothorax.’
- ‘Patients with spontaneous pneumothorax do not have clinically apparent lung disease.’
- ‘Only eight of the 24 patients with post-procedure pneumothorax received chest tubes to re-expand their lungs.’
- ‘A small spontaneous pneumothorax in the absence of lung disease will most likely resolve without intervention.’
- ‘Also known as pneumothorax, a collapsed lung is treated by reinflating the lung.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.