Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung.
- ‘Only eight of the 24 patients with post-procedure pneumothorax received chest tubes to re-expand their lungs.’
- ‘The most common complications reported are infection and pneumothorax.’
- ‘A small spontaneous pneumothorax in the absence of lung disease will most likely resolve without intervention.’
- ‘Patients with spontaneous pneumothorax do not have clinically apparent lung disease.’
- ‘Also known as pneumothorax, a collapsed lung is treated by reinflating the lung.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.