One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the walls of the alveoli (air sacs) in the lungs.
- ‘The administration of steroids and antibiotics was started under the diagnosis of acute interstitial pneumonitis, but the symptoms did not improve significantly.’
- ‘The authors conclude that the new antidepressant, venlafaxine, can cause both pneumonitis and heart failure.’
- ‘Emphysema has been recognized in rare cases of hypersensitivity pneumonitis in nonsmokers.’
- ‘The day following a smallpox vaccination, a child of 1 year developed severe pneumonitis.’
- ‘Ammonia gas exposure is associated with a range of upper respiratory symptomatology, including severe cases of chemical pneumonitis and intense pulmonary inflammation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.