One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The first externally powered prosthetic limbs were built in Germany around 1915, although it was not until the 1950s that electrically and pneumatically powered devices appeared for general use.’
- ‘Graphically, the game is now stunning, with superb character animation and great backgrounds - although some might object to the pneumatically proportioned women.’
- ‘A pneumatically operated ball valve controls the flow of liquid nitrogen through each lance, and the entire process is sequenced from a pushbutton control panel.’
- ‘Packed with sensors, the bullet is fired down the pipeline pneumatically and used to test for weak points.’
- ‘One hears nothing from within the pneumatically sealed cabin of an airliner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.