One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One hears nothing from within the pneumatically sealed cabin of an airliner.’
- ‘A pneumatically operated ball valve controls the flow of liquid nitrogen through each lance, and the entire process is sequenced from a pushbutton control panel.’
- ‘Packed with sensors, the bullet is fired down the pipeline pneumatically and used to test for weak points.’
- ‘Graphically, the game is now stunning, with superb character animation and great backgrounds - although some might object to the pneumatically proportioned women.’
- ‘The first externally powered prosthetic limbs were built in Germany around 1915, although it was not until the 1950s that electrically and pneumatically powered devices appeared for general use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.