Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for lead poisoning
- ‘All patients recognized to have plumbism warrant immediate environmental intervention.’
- ‘Pediatric plumbism was rarely diagnosed, however, the victims of this ‘silent epidemic’ going to their graves as cases of meningitis, polio, or convulsions.’
- ‘Occult lead poisoning is a difficult diagnosis to make in a primary care setting because the symptoms of plumbism are nonspecific.’
- ‘On his admission to our hospital, a suspicion of plumbism was formed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.