One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See pluckusually in combination ‘a goose-plucker’
- ‘Rubber workers would be required to tap 50 extra trees per day, for example, while tea-leaf pluckers would have to increase their harvest from 14 to 16 kilograms per day.’
- ‘To register a day's work, a tea plucker has to meet a quota of 18 kilograms of leaves.’
- ‘Hailing from a musical family, he started out as a guitar plucker.’
- ‘Mubuyu farms will employ over 1,500 coffee pluckers during the harvest period between April and September of which the majority will be women.’
- ‘They have also rejected employers' demands for productivity-linked wage rises and financial penalties against tea pluckers who fail to meet their daily quota.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.