Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ratio representing the density of building in a specified area of land.‘the City Corporation had specified a maximum plot ratio of five to one across the whole site’
- ‘A lower plot ratio means the floor area the developer can build at the site will be reduced.’
- ‘In a bid to fully utilise the maximum plot ratio of 0.5 times, alterations costing more than HK $100 million have been made to the project.’
- ‘The 191,256 square feet site has a plot ratio of nine times and will have a gross floor area of 1.72 million sq ft.’
- ‘Applying the proposed plot ratio of 15 times to the entire development site will yield a gross floor area of 172,740 square metres, which will be taken up by two 60-storey hotels.’
- ‘They estimated a total gross floor area of 382,000 square feet, and a plot ratio of 15 for the hotel.’
- ‘The project has a total gross floor area of more than 36,000 sq ft with a plot ratio of 0.5.’
- ‘They estimated a total gross floor area of 382,000 sq. ft, and a plot ratio of 15 for the hotel.’
- ‘Sources said developers are asking for a plot ratio higher than the existing 1.81 times to maximise property development potential and reduce investment risk on the cultural component.’
- ‘With a plot ratio of nine, the site could generate a total gross floor area of about 341,000 square feet.’
- ‘At 136,714 square feet and with a nine-times plot ratio, the new site for auction, in the traditionally industrial area of San Po Kong, will offer built gross floor area of 1.23 million sq. ft.’
- ‘With a plot ratio of about seven times, the 270,000 sq ft site could generate a total gross floor area of about 1.9 million sq ft.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.