One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ratio representing the density of building in a specified area of land.‘the City Corporation had specified a maximum plot ratio of five to one across the whole site’
- ‘Applying the proposed plot ratio of 15 times to the entire development site will yield a gross floor area of 172,740 square metres, which will be taken up by two 60-storey hotels.’
- ‘A lower plot ratio means the floor area the developer can build at the site will be reduced.’
- ‘In a bid to fully utilise the maximum plot ratio of 0.5 times, alterations costing more than HK $100 million have been made to the project.’
- ‘With a plot ratio of nine, the site could generate a total gross floor area of about 341,000 square feet.’
- ‘The project has a total gross floor area of more than 36,000 sq ft with a plot ratio of 0.5.’
- ‘Sources said developers are asking for a plot ratio higher than the existing 1.81 times to maximise property development potential and reduce investment risk on the cultural component.’
- ‘They estimated a total gross floor area of 382,000 square feet, and a plot ratio of 15 for the hotel.’
- ‘With a plot ratio of about seven times, the 270,000 sq ft site could generate a total gross floor area of about 1.9 million sq ft.’
- ‘At 136,714 square feet and with a nine-times plot ratio, the new site for auction, in the traditionally industrial area of San Po Kong, will offer built gross floor area of 1.23 million sq. ft.’
- ‘They estimated a total gross floor area of 382,000 sq. ft, and a plot ratio of 15 for the hotel.’
- ‘The 191,256 square feet site has a plot ratio of nine times and will have a gross floor area of 1.72 million sq ft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.