Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The course or main features of the plot of a play, novel, or film.‘the plot line might be too complex for audiences to follow’
- ‘The plot line is always set up so that there is some adversity that gets in the way of the love-match such as poverty or belonging to the wrong class system, or the wrong family or being betrothed to somebody else.’
- ‘I like the science, and the effects, but the plot line is a little shallow, at least in my view.’
- ‘This is sort of a combination of a ton of stories and books I have read in the past, but the plot line is completely different, so I'll just say they inspired me.’
- ‘This documentary takes a look at everything from the plot line to the special effects utilized in the film.’
- ‘Unfortunately, he may have cowered away by developing a plot line that, while entertaining and engaging, is largely unoriginal and derivative.’
- ‘Although there was a shaky plot line, the special effects and the lead actor make up for an exciting and enthralling experience, if you don't take it too seriously’
- ‘You never have the complete plot line in the way that you would like, so the information is always fragmentary.’
- ‘When writers and producers are faced with handling a real life death, their often mirror reality by writing the death into the fictional plot line.’
- ‘There's almost always a plot line involving racial tension.’
- ‘At first I was dubious - it's a ‘family movie’ and the plot line sounded quite naff.’
- ‘The basic plot line concerns a woman and a soldier, who are told to visit an island and round up votes there.’
- ‘In most TV shows, a story arc is a plot line that runs over several episodes, sometimes spanning seasons.’
- ‘I remember thinking how the plot line would go when I posted up the original of this chapter, and realize that at that point it was still very wish-washy.’
- ‘What scriptwriter could have come up with a plot line as good as that?’
- ‘Just one more major thing wrong with this program, the whole basis for the plot line was impossible.’
- ‘Once the main plot line gains some momentum, it becomes absorbing, building to a riveting confrontation with a truly chilling character.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.