One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The bus stopped, and the old lady ploddingly made her way off the bus.’
- ‘As I said before he's so ploddingly dull and predictable.’
- ‘The song is ploddingly slow.’
- ‘Most popular written fiction is almost excessively literal, ploddingly so, and requires no more advanced mental capacity than your average comic does, or your sub-average comic.’
- ‘The digging is ploddingly slow, the weather hot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.