One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being easily bent; flexibility.‘an excellent combination of strength, pliability, and elasticity’
flexibility, pliancy, elasticity, whippiness, suppleness, malleability, plasticity, springiness, ductility, bendabilityView synonyms
- ‘Preferment should be based on merit and not pliability.’
- ‘Is this the unprincipled pliability I detest in the people I put up with at Rome?’
- ‘I'm just heating it to its point of pliability, rather than liquefying it all over again.’
- ‘Her work has a similar pliability and its good to see her work in a major competition even if it is a relatively uninspiring painting.’
- ‘It is also a useful barometer of the loyalty and pliability of Labour and Lib Dem back-benchers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.