One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The warmth and pleasantness of the riviera always comes as a delightful contrast to the sleet and snow of the preceding five days.’
- ‘Her voice surprises in its sing-song pleasantness.’
- ‘It's hard to explain the affect ingrained politeness and social pleasantness has.’
- ‘There are other individuals who seem to have an atmosphere of pleasantness or friendliness around them, who have endearing personalities and are well mannered and cultured.’
- ‘The report praised the school's ‘strong, family feel’ and added that tradition, good behaviour, politeness and pleasantness were much in evidence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.