One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thomas looked at him pleadingly, but Brandon showed no mercy.’
- ‘Her beautiful hazel eyes gazed pleadingly into his.’
- ‘Jess sank down to her knees and looked at Lucky pleadingly.’
- ‘He looked up, hopefully, pleadingly, for a spot kick, and instead saw a corner awarded.’
- ‘Knowing not where to hide from shame, Momma looked pleadingly first at the woman and then at the two young men who had by now recognised him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.