One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See plea bargaining
- ‘They plea-bargained for the easy, cheaper option.’
- ‘By the time Jesse came to plea-bargain, the jury already knew his father had confessed to it and he had no supporting witnesses.’
- ‘If I'd been a habitual offender - the kind of driver for whom traffic court was designed - I probably wouldn't have gotten to plea-bargain.’
- ‘Eight had the charges dropped and eight plea-bargained to keep them from doing time in prison.’
- ‘He thought we might be able to plea bargain to a lesser offense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.