One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A local project or scheme providing recreational facilities and activities for children for a certain period of time, typically during the school holidays.
- ‘Every Land Registry office provides either on-site or off-site nursery provision, or a holiday playscheme.’
- ‘A day care centre for pre-school children will provide places for 86 youngsters and there will be before and after school provision along with holiday playschemes.’
- ‘Here we look at afterschool clubs, breakfast clubs and holiday playschemes.’
- ‘They joined scores of other children on the free summer playscheme.’
- ‘Children at a holiday playscheme in Burnley next week will be helping to improve their local environment, as well as enjoying themselves.’
- ‘Perhaps the money spent on making these posters would have been better spent on sponsoring a playscheme?’
- ‘When completed, the new building will allow the nursery to extend its opening to 48 weeks a year and to expand its day care cover and holiday playschemes.’
- ‘There will be two weeks of playscheme as usual for children from 9 to 13 years.’
- ‘A shocked mother today blasted leisure centre bosses after they let her eight-year-old daughter leave a summer playscheme event unchallenged.’
- ‘Workshops to advise children about the dangers of drug use are planned to take place and a playscheme is also being organised.’
- ‘But that doesn't mean there isn't childcare; on Achill, the local playscheme takes in visitors' children on a temporary basis, even the toddler twins.’
- ‘It brings together key people involved in providing holiday playschemes, or maintaining parks, school playgrounds or playing fields.’
- ‘All children attending city council run playschemes in the Morecambe and Heysham areas stayed indoors.’
- ‘Projects for disabled children, including a holiday playscheme in Ewell, could be forced to close because Government bureaucracy has led to delays in processing staff checks.’
- ‘A playscheme which is entirely run by volunteers has been voted a huge success.’
- ‘This is a council-run mobile playscheme that travels round the city providing access to toys, games, arts and crafts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.