Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A player in a team game who leads attacks or brings other players on the same side into a position from which they could score.‘a midfield playmaker’
- ‘This is a player that is a playmaker and will come through in clutch and critical situations.’
- ‘That means the team with the most playmakers on offense will come up with the big plays that decide the game in the fourth quarter.’
- ‘He has speed, quickness and strength, and he's one of the team's top defensive playmakers.’
- ‘The team is looking for playmakers who will propel it into the playoffs again and for years to come.’
- ‘Because the team lacks playmakers, Ware's role on offense might be expanded.’
- ‘He's a marginal blocker, but the team needs playmakers, and he has a chance to be one.’
- ‘Owens says he is putting too much pressure on himself to be a playmaker for a team in desperate need of one.’
- ‘His ability to stop the opponents' creative play is much needed in a team brimming with playmakers.’
- ‘On offense, the team lacks playmakers, and the approach has been too conservative.’
- ‘He has been an active playmaker and leads the team in tackles by a wide margin.’
- ‘It's very rare for a defender to gain accolades or praise when compared to the goal-getters or midfield playmakers.’
- ‘She will turn 32 this summer, but remains one of the game's most skillful playmakers.’
- ‘They have a hot quarterback, a solid running game, a vastly improved defense and playmakers on special teams.’
- ‘The priority is to add speedy playmakers who fit the team's new attacking style.’
- ‘The team needs playmakers and will look at quarterbacks, running backs and receivers.’
- ‘At 33, the Norwegian star remains one of the top playmakers in the game.’
- ‘The offense lacks playmakers and experience at quarterback, so don't expect it to improve.’
- ‘He's one of the better playmakers in the game, and I don't worry about it at all.’
- ‘The team lacks playmakers in the secondary who can stop late-game surges.’
- ‘But that's a trade the team needs to make because the defense has few other playmakers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.