Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of counselling or psychotherapy in which play is used as a means of helping children express or communicate their feelings.
- ‘Family therapists can utilize techniques from both family therapy and play therapy as an effective way to include children as part of the therapeutic process.’
- ‘Since the 1950s, the disciplines of family therapy and play therapy have developed simultaneously but separately.’
- ‘Three theoretical approaches were the most frequently ranked as panelists' first choice: Structural family therapy, child play therapy, and an integrative approach.’
- ‘Children are integrated into the treatment program through special activities, play therapy, and family therapy.’
- ‘Practitioners increasingly recognize the usefulness of nonverbal communication methods, such as play therapy, in engaging and helping these young children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.