One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A place separate from school where children can play under supervision.
- ‘I was supposed to be meeting another mum down by the library but she never showed, so as we wandered off, I suggested to Yuri that we find out about the soft play centre in the leisure centre.’
- ‘The ground floor is home to Puddletown Pirates - the north west's largest themed indoor play centre.’
- ‘Little Stars Pre-School, based at Longmeadow Primary School in Broadcloth Lane, received an outstanding report and the lucky youngsters were rewarded with a trip to Jungle Jacks play centre in Westbury.’
- ‘Children are well catered for with Puddletown Pirates, a themed indoor play centre.’
- ‘Since it opened on October 23, hundreds of York children have climbed, slid, tunnelled and danced in the fully-equipped play centre, which caters for kids aged from nought to 12 years.’
- ‘Procurel is building the company's first play centre next to the Brent Cross shopping centre in North London and the template for the development is to be used on a further 25 sites around the UK in the next five years.’
- ‘It has started discussions with Steve Brooks, owner of the soft play centre Coral Cove on the Hopton Industrial Estate, to see if a skate park could be sited there.’
- ‘Hundreds of children were left disappointed after fire damaged a play centre.’
- ‘There will be a kids play centre for children under 12, where circus entertainers, face painters, pony rides, jumping castles and a super slide will keep the children entertained.’
- ‘An enterprising South Woodham family is taking steps to improve facilities for youngsters in the town by opening an indoor adventure play centre.’
- ‘A meeting for those interested in taking part is being held at Coral Cove soft play centre, Hopton Industrial Estate, on Wednesday at 10.30 am.’
- ‘An enterprising Brentwood couple have opened a £1million indoor adventure play centre for children, believed to be the tallest of its kind in the world, in Basildon.’
- ‘I did work experience at Tweeddale play centre and I'd like to get a job as an assistant, but I have to wait until I'm 16.’
- ‘Space Ace, a children's indoor adventure play centre, has provided fun-filled hours for generations of children.’
- ‘Three Bolton Council play centres have been judged to be top class in the national Aiming High Quality Assurance Scheme.’
- ‘This indoor play centre, which provides facilities for toddlers from 0 to 4 years, has met with astounding success in Kildangan hall on Mondays over the past few months for the duration of one hour.’
- ‘Smaller retail units, a leisure centre, a children's play centre, a crèche and a three-storey cafe will also be built.’
- ‘A play centre for children is set to open after permission for it was granted.’
- ‘The house, formerly part of the Greenham family estate, was sold to the London Borough of Hounslow, and approximately 30 years ago part of the home was transformed into a play centre.’
- ‘Now she is retiring after her time as a primary helper, clerical assistant, mid-day meal supervisor and final head of the play centre.’
- 1.1NZ A preschool playgroup.
- ‘Our Play centre is multicultural and recognizes the cultures of all our families.’
- ‘The suggestion of a Play Centre for Tiki Tiki was first discussed by the members of the Maori Women's Welfare League.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.