One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A place separate from school where children can play under supervision.
- ‘Procurel is building the company's first play centre next to the Brent Cross shopping centre in North London and the template for the development is to be used on a further 25 sites around the UK in the next five years.’
- ‘Smaller retail units, a leisure centre, a children's play centre, a crèche and a three-storey cafe will also be built.’
- ‘Little Stars Pre-School, based at Longmeadow Primary School in Broadcloth Lane, received an outstanding report and the lucky youngsters were rewarded with a trip to Jungle Jacks play centre in Westbury.’
- ‘Now she is retiring after her time as a primary helper, clerical assistant, mid-day meal supervisor and final head of the play centre.’
- ‘A play centre for children is set to open after permission for it was granted.’
- ‘Hundreds of children were left disappointed after fire damaged a play centre.’
- ‘Three Bolton Council play centres have been judged to be top class in the national Aiming High Quality Assurance Scheme.’
- ‘Since it opened on October 23, hundreds of York children have climbed, slid, tunnelled and danced in the fully-equipped play centre, which caters for kids aged from nought to 12 years.’
- ‘An enterprising Brentwood couple have opened a £1million indoor adventure play centre for children, believed to be the tallest of its kind in the world, in Basildon.’
- ‘It has started discussions with Steve Brooks, owner of the soft play centre Coral Cove on the Hopton Industrial Estate, to see if a skate park could be sited there.’
- ‘I did work experience at Tweeddale play centre and I'd like to get a job as an assistant, but I have to wait until I'm 16.’
- ‘This indoor play centre, which provides facilities for toddlers from 0 to 4 years, has met with astounding success in Kildangan hall on Mondays over the past few months for the duration of one hour.’
- ‘An enterprising South Woodham family is taking steps to improve facilities for youngsters in the town by opening an indoor adventure play centre.’
- ‘A meeting for those interested in taking part is being held at Coral Cove soft play centre, Hopton Industrial Estate, on Wednesday at 10.30 am.’
- ‘The house, formerly part of the Greenham family estate, was sold to the London Borough of Hounslow, and approximately 30 years ago part of the home was transformed into a play centre.’
- ‘I was supposed to be meeting another mum down by the library but she never showed, so as we wandered off, I suggested to Yuri that we find out about the soft play centre in the leisure centre.’
- ‘Children are well catered for with Puddletown Pirates, a themed indoor play centre.’
- ‘There will be a kids play centre for children under 12, where circus entertainers, face painters, pony rides, jumping castles and a super slide will keep the children entertained.’
- ‘The ground floor is home to Puddletown Pirates - the north west's largest themed indoor play centre.’
- ‘Space Ace, a children's indoor adventure play centre, has provided fun-filled hours for generations of children.’
- 1.1NZ A preschool playgroup.
- ‘The suggestion of a Play Centre for Tiki Tiki was first discussed by the members of the Maori Women's Welfare League.’
- ‘Our Play centre is multicultural and recognizes the cultures of all our families.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.