Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An invertebrate of the phylum "Platyhelminthes" ; a flatworm.
- ‘In contrast to platyhelminths, nemerteans possess a circulatory system, comprised of fluid-filled, cell-lined channels situated between the gut and body-wall musculature.’
- ‘Parasitism is a common phenomenon in many animal taxa, from simple platyhelminths to vertebrates such as fish and birds.’
- ‘Unlike the situation in nematodes and platyhelminths, substantial evidence supports a close phylogenetic affinity of acanthocephalans to the predominately free-living rotifers.’
- ‘It is of course possible that Rouse's decision to score platyhelminths, nemerteans, and rotifers as lacking a prototroch is defendable, and perhaps even preferable over scoring them as possessing a prototroch.’
- ‘He also concluded that nemerteans, platyhelminths, and rotifers never had a prototroch.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.