One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An invertebrate of the phylum "Platyhelminthes" ; a flatworm.
- ‘Unlike the situation in nematodes and platyhelminths, substantial evidence supports a close phylogenetic affinity of acanthocephalans to the predominately free-living rotifers.’
- ‘He also concluded that nemerteans, platyhelminths, and rotifers never had a prototroch.’
- ‘It is of course possible that Rouse's decision to score platyhelminths, nemerteans, and rotifers as lacking a prototroch is defendable, and perhaps even preferable over scoring them as possessing a prototroch.’
- ‘In contrast to platyhelminths, nemerteans possess a circulatory system, comprised of fluid-filled, cell-lined channels situated between the gut and body-wall musculature.’
- ‘Parasitism is a common phenomenon in many animal taxa, from simple platyhelminths to vertebrates such as fish and birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.