One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Previous philosophers of history - the Platonists, Spengler, and the compromisers - made three connected mistakes.’
- ‘Like the Platonists of Late Antiquity, he was convinced that Plato and Aristotle were in basic agreement, and that Aristotle's thought was to be understood as a genuine development of Plato's.’
- ‘The work came into prominence at the Renaissance, and Italian thinkers who saw themselves as Platonists thought of it as an ideal Utopian fantasy.’
- ‘As a philosopher he was not a pure Platonist; in metaphysics, indeed, he followed Plato and the Neoplatonists, but in natural philosophy the Atomists, and in that of religion Lord Herbert of Cherbury.’
- ‘He may even appear as Platonist or Pythagorean insofar as he considers the viewpoint of logical simplicity as an indispensable and effective tool of his research.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.