One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The six metals platinum, palladium, ruthenium, osmium, rhodium, and iridium, which have similar properties and tend to occur together in nature.
- ‘The rising gold price is still having a knock-on effect on other commodities - silver rose to an 18-year high on Friday, while platinum metals were also rising.’
- ‘The platinum metals tend to occur together in nature and are relatively difficult to separate from each other.’
- ‘Tennant was studying a new mineral that contained a number of platinum metals and discovered a black powder that other chemists had also seen, but had not analyzed.’
- ‘The catalytic converter mixes these gases with air and then passes them over a catalyst made of rhodium and platinum metals.’
- ‘He had perfected the powder method of preparing malleable platinum and established the platinum metals industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.