Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- informal term for platform game
- ‘It depends whether it's a driving game, a shoot ‘em up, a strategy game or a platformer.’
- ‘The game plays out as a sideways scrolling platformer.’
- ‘The game plays like a truly evolved platformer, but shouldn't be tagged a platformer.’
- ‘The Lost Expedition is an adventure and a platformer in one.’
- ‘Granted, its developers aimed for a younger audience, but much of the gameplay felt ripped from a number of other third-person platformers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.