One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of video game featuring two-dimensional graphics where the player controls a character jumping or climbing between solid platforms at different positions on the screen.
- ‘However, as we began fleshing out the characters and the story, we realized that the game was much more appropriate as a console platform game.’
- ‘It was also the first single world, adventure-style platform game that I know of.’
- ‘The lively platform game is based on the upcoming Warner Bros. action movie of the same name and includes six diversely themed environments, all inspired by the film's wild locations.’
- ‘This is an unremarkable platform game and only distinguishes itself by its interesting power-ups and incredible difficulty.’
- ‘What is your vision for the game and what do you believe are the important ingredients for success within a platform game?’
platform game/ˈplatfɔːm ɡeɪm/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.