Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of video game featuring two-dimensional graphics where the player controls a character jumping or climbing between solid platforms at different positions on the screen.
- ‘However, as we began fleshing out the characters and the story, we realized that the game was much more appropriate as a console platform game.’
- ‘This is an unremarkable platform game and only distinguishes itself by its interesting power-ups and incredible difficulty.’
- ‘It was also the first single world, adventure-style platform game that I know of.’
- ‘What is your vision for the game and what do you believe are the important ingredients for success within a platform game?’
- ‘The lively platform game is based on the upcoming Warner Bros. action movie of the same name and includes six diversely themed environments, all inspired by the film's wild locations.’
platform game/ˈplatfɔːm ɡeɪm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.