One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of video game featuring two-dimensional graphics where the player controls a character jumping or climbing between solid platforms at different positions on the screen.
- ‘What is your vision for the game and what do you believe are the important ingredients for success within a platform game?’
- ‘It was also the first single world, adventure-style platform game that I know of.’
- ‘However, as we began fleshing out the characters and the story, we realized that the game was much more appropriate as a console platform game.’
- ‘This is an unremarkable platform game and only distinguishes itself by its interesting power-ups and incredible difficulty.’
- ‘The lively platform game is based on the upcoming Warner Bros. action movie of the same name and includes six diversely themed environments, all inspired by the film's wild locations.’
platform game/ˈplatfɔːm ɡeɪm/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.