Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rack in which plates are stored or placed to drain after being washed.
- ‘A corner cupboard, plate racks, dresser or sideboard will provide perfect storage and serving area for the dining room as long as they match the style and the materials of the table and chairs.’
- ‘The built-in cabinets are red birch, but the cabinets in the freestanding kitchen island, the plate rack, and the open shelves are painted bright blue.’
- ‘Attractive ceramic floor and wall tiles create a sense of space in this room which also boasts a fitted maple plate rack and a wine rack.’
- ‘Kitchens start at about £8,000 and use corner cupboard space efficiently with 360-degree or half-moon rotating baskets and knife, bottle and plate racks.’
- ‘The draw knife produced a taut, elegant line as can be seen in the plate rack of the sideboard.’
- ‘A plate rack held a variety of novelty teapots and a selection of mobiles occupied one corner of the room.’
- ‘For rustic country decor in the kitchen, use open shelves, hutches, buffets, plate racks and cupboards for storage.’
- ‘When mounting bookshelves, plate racks, heavy paintings or curtain rods you will need to drill.’
- ‘There are 15 variations, including plate racks of various sizes and shapes.’
- ‘These always add to your accent, as do such features as a plate rack or decorative shelf on top that allows you to display other collectibles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.