One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft modelling material, used especially by children.‘I made a snake by rolling out plasticine’as modifier ‘plasticine creatures’
- ‘The ranges are coloured plasticine and shape like waves at sea.’
- ‘During the workshops the children came up with designs and used plasticine to do models of the sculpture.’
- ‘The 50-year-old artist has created a unique technique for making documentary films: his basic materials are sand and plasticine.’
- ‘These were made of soft plasticine in which predators would leave marks, making it possible to distinguish between different predator species.’
- ‘Each student was given a cardboard base, approximately 25 cm in diameter, and a small block of plasticine clay (non-hardening modeling clay).’
Late 19th century: from the adjective plastic + -ine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.