One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in science fiction) an ultra-strong non-metallic material.‘the plasteel door of the airlock’
- ‘The police, with their sleek black helmets and plasteel armor had demanded a thousand dollars extra for the marine.’
- ‘The buildings grew and coated themselves in plasteel.’
- ‘Fortunately for Mark, he was behind the plasteel windshield on the lift, or he might have been killed.’
- ‘The last glass door wasn't really glass, but a blue bullet and shatterproof plasteel.’
- ‘She wore battered and much-mended blast armor, rewelded along old fault lines and coated with a plasteel compound he knew would deflect even the most powerful of blaster bolts.’
1970s: blend of plastic and steel.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.