One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The inactive precursor of the enzyme plasmin, present in blood.as modifier ‘plasminogen activator’
- ‘Tissue plasminogen activator and, to a lesser degree, urokinase are serine proteases which convert plasminogen to plasmin.’
- ‘The Borrelia need plasminogen from human blood to migrate to the tick's salivary glands and then infect the human.’
- ‘Within the fibrinolytic system, plasmin is generated from plasminogen by tissue plasminogen activator, which upon activation lyses fibrin clots.’
- ‘It produces an antifibrinolytic effect through the reversible blockade of lysine binding sites on plasminogen molecules.’
- ‘This is performed largely by the enzyme plasmin, generated from its inactive precursor, plasminogen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.