One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscopic membrane of lipids and proteins which forms the external boundary of the cytoplasm of a cell or encloses a vacuole, and regulates the passage of molecules in and out of the cytoplasm.
- ‘The major destinations for proteins exiting the Golgi apparatus are the plasma membrane and the vacuolar system.’
- ‘Among all the fluxes in the whole plant, the passage of through the plasma membrane of root cells has been intensively studied.’
- ‘Cholesterol is one of the major lipid components of the plasma membrane of mammalian cells.’
- ‘The electrode tip pushes through the cell wall tending to jump quickly across the plasma membrane into either the cytoplasm or the vacuole.’
- ‘This indicates the firm appression of the plasma membrane to the cell wall, which is typical of a turgescent cell.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.