One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscopic membrane of lipids and proteins which forms the external boundary of the cytoplasm of a cell or encloses a vacuole, and regulates the passage of molecules in and out of the cytoplasm.
- ‘The major destinations for proteins exiting the Golgi apparatus are the plasma membrane and the vacuolar system.’
- ‘Cholesterol is one of the major lipid components of the plasma membrane of mammalian cells.’
- ‘Among all the fluxes in the whole plant, the passage of through the plasma membrane of root cells has been intensively studied.’
- ‘This indicates the firm appression of the plasma membrane to the cell wall, which is typical of a turgescent cell.’
- ‘The electrode tip pushes through the cell wall tending to jump quickly across the plasma membrane into either the cytoplasm or the vacuole.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.