Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fully differentiated B-lymphocyte (white blood cell) which produces a single type of antibody.
- ‘In most cases, there was marked subepithelial fibrosis and edema with a variable lymphocytic and plasma cell infiltrate.’
- ‘Monoclonal antibodies can also be produced by fusing a single plasma cell with an immortal myeloma cell line in the laboratory.’
- ‘Upon re-exposure to the antigen, the lymphocyte divides into a memory B lymphocyte and eventually differentiates into a plasma cell.’
- ‘There is no evidence of toxicity related to the pure form of milk thistle, and there is weak evidence of a hepatocyte plasma cell membrane protective effect.’
- ‘The selected cell is then fused with a neoplastic plasma cell that also has a natural propensity to make antibodies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.