One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cellulose cell walls formed during their development, and the presence of reproductive spores are plant-like, whereas the cell movements involved in their morphogenesis are animal-like.’
- ‘Fungi are multi-celled, plant-like organisms that usually aren't dangerous in a healthy person.’
- ‘Because both groups include organisms that have both animal-like and plant-like characteristics, the classification and phylogentic relationships within the groups are beset with complexities.’
- ‘Coral reefs consist primarily of tiny plant-like animals that thrive in the clean, clear water and sunlight found mostly in tropical oceans.’
- ‘Red tide, she says, is a natural phenomenon caused by a microscopic plant-like single cell organism (a dinoflagellate) that blooms annually as part of its growth cycle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.