Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for phytogeography
- ‘The plant physiologist's History of Botany failed to mention the founder of plant geography.’
- ‘More recently and more typically, he traced the origins of his plant geography to the idealism of the German Romantics and Naturphilosophen.’
- ‘They have once again plotted the plant geography and integrated it with the climatic patterns, and showed that the superterrane of Pangaea is at the palaeolatitudes that broadly agree with our independent palaeomagnetic data.’
- ‘The report contains historical developments in the plant geography of the tropical French island of Martinique.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.