One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The shape or outline of an aircraft wing as projected upon a horizontal plane.
- ‘The planform is similar to that of the Talon, but virtually everything else has changed.’
- ‘I instantly looked up to see the planform on the lead aircraft (which was breaking left), covering up my entire windshield and half of the canopy!’
- ‘The shadow cast by the craft's planform in the photo dramatizes the strange design.’
- ‘The two T2 models have the same sizes and planform as the previous Talons, but the air foil is much flatter.’
- ‘I often wondered why glider manufacturers didn't try to emulate the Mountain or Alpine Chough's planform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.