One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The shape or outline of an aircraft wing as projected upon a horizontal plane.
- ‘The two T2 models have the same sizes and planform as the previous Talons, but the air foil is much flatter.’
- ‘I often wondered why glider manufacturers didn't try to emulate the Mountain or Alpine Chough's planform.’
- ‘I instantly looked up to see the planform on the lead aircraft (which was breaking left), covering up my entire windshield and half of the canopy!’
- ‘The planform is similar to that of the Talon, but virtually everything else has changed.’
- ‘The shadow cast by the craft's planform in the photo dramatizes the strange design.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.