One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ring-shaped nebula formed by an expanding shell of gas round an ageing star.
- ‘The Boomerang Nebula is a young planetary nebula and the coldest object found in the Universe so far.’
- ‘To obtain direct clue of the presence of magnetic fields in planetary nebulae, astronomers decided to focus on the central stars, where the magnetic fields should have survived.’
- ‘Until recently, it was thought that shells around planetary nebulae were a rare phenomenon.’
- ‘Astronomers call such an object a planetary nebula, because its round shape resembles that of a planet when viewed with a small telescope.’
- ‘One way that astronomers classify planetary nebulae is by the number of axes that they contain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.