One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of any of various North American peoples who formerly inhabited the Great Plains.
- ‘Grinnell's essential message was this: Plains Indians are human beings with histories of their own.’
- ‘His introduction to the Plains Indians Wars came in Kansas in 1867.’
- ‘A prime example is the 160-year-old, 20-foot-diameter buffalo-hide tepee at the Plains Indian Museum of the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming.’
- ‘Though her success on the stage was limited, she found an outlet for her skills as storyteller and artisan by establishing a Plains Indian village for children at Long Island's newly developed Jones Beach State Park.’
- ‘To represent the Illini with a Plains Indian war bonnet, to name them the ‘fighting Illini,’ and to dress the mascot in the military regalia of a Sioux warrior, is therefore totally inaccurate.’
- ‘Along with some six hundred period artifacts are life-size reconstructions of a Plains Indian tepee, a long-house from the Northeast, a wooden house from the Northwest, a kiva from the Southwest, and a pioneer wagon.’
- ‘An Indian, especially a Plains Indian, would never be that vulnerable for even that short a time.’
Although a few of the Plains Indian peoples were sedentary farmers, most, including the Blackfoot, Cheyenne, and Comanche, were nomadic buffalo hunters, who gathered in tribes during the summer and dispersed into family groups in the winter
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.