One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clear and unambiguous language, without the use of technical or difficult terms.‘the family is given a written explanation in plain English’
- ‘We have tried our best to speak in plain English and avoid police jargon so that it is clear what we want the organisation and everyone in it to do.’
- ‘Can somebody here tell me, in plain English, what fair use law is?’
- ‘What is meant here, in plain English, is "Don't trust the eyewitness accounts."’
- ‘Then there are businesses that simply can't say anything at all in plain English and you simply do not know what it is they actually do.’
- ‘They have developed a debugging program that lets users ask questions about computer errors in plain English.’
- ‘The report includes several examples of how a contract can be rewritten in plain English.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.