One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Honest and straightforward behaviour towards others.‘they are blunt in saying what they think and require plain dealing of others’
frankness, openness, honesty, candidness, truthfulness, sincerity, forthrightness, directness, lack of restraint, straightforwardness, plain-spokenness, plainness, calling a spade a spade, unreservedness, bluffness, bluntness, outspokennessView synonyms
- ‘We cannot go back to the old days - and really do not want to - but the value of plain dealing and a handshake between individuals, always open to on-going discussion, is apt to endure long after the era of industrial management - or so we hope.’
- ‘We are a band of citizens, powerful and passionate, who want their government to focus on solving the country's big problems with common sense and plain dealing.’
- ‘And we hope that the value of plain dealing and straight talk between individuals will outlast managed care.’
- ‘They must tear up the partnership agreement as soon as possible, form a minority administration and bring back some plain dealing into our political life.’
- ‘However, his reputation for integrity and plain dealing has taken a severe blow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.