One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to emphasize the statement preceding or following.‘she was a nuisance, plain and simple’
- ‘It's paper, plain and simple, and that will never change.’
- ‘‘These people are not nationalists, they are criminals plain and simple,’ he said.’
- ‘These costs are the result of bad business, plain and simple; overspending on fringe players who did not play a significant role.’
- ‘To be completely frank with you, the main reason that there is no comments system here is because I'm a control freak, plain and simple.’
- ‘He is a songwriter - and his approach to his craft is as plain and simple as that statement.’
- ‘Harsh though it may seem, in the end this is justice plain and simple.’
- ‘It's about Toronto taking control of the look of our city, plain and simple.’
- ‘Without them this show wouldn't have happened, plain and simple.’
- ‘At 44 years old, and as the most decorated female athlete of all time, she's a phenomenon, plain and simple.’
- ‘A ‘real’ hunter does not kill to watch things suffer - he kills for food, plain and simple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.