One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Secondly, the team has suffered through a febrile 2005, falling off the pace, storming back into the race, and then settling for long stretches of placidity.’
- ‘In such works, the serene surface of domestic placidity is only occasionally ruffled by dissonant details: Lou presents a world that is as familiar as it is banal.’
- ‘Second, there was the placidity of the creatures.’
- ‘While acting in ‘good faith’ does not mean things will always turn out the way one wants them to, it does lead to placidity, and such placidity is a prerequisite for reflection.’
- ‘Hannah's remembrances of things past, however, are sometimes skewed by subtle dissonances and a sense of anxiety that disturb the apparent placidity of his picture-perfect world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.