One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This territory is the birthplace of Southworth's latest song cycle, a soulful and finely crafted record that exudes a skewed kind of warmth and charisma, sun-dappled and winsome, era-less and placeless.’
- ‘It's set in America, though we actually filmed it in the Isle of Man and London, with settings that look very American but also have a placeless, timeless quality.’
- ‘Conscience, imagination, and vision are sometimes called timeless, placeless, and so on because they transcend the locality but not the reality of individual debates; they are eternally relevant.’
- ‘Osian's charm is its placeless, timeless, colonial bush-camp feel, where you stay in traditional white canvas tents (with real beds and bathrooms) ride camels away from the hordes, dine al fresco, and wind up listening to blues in the bar.’
- ‘In the process, they can seem as placeless and generic as their subject: Specificity is lost and analysis can seem as free-floating as a currency trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.