One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounSoccer American Football Rugby
See place kick
- ‘He is in fact the only place-kicker on the NFL's Hall of Fame list.’
- ‘Espn has started broadcasting tape of how the place-kickers did in pre-game warm-ups.’
- ‘Heather believed she was a good football place-kicker.’
- ‘Mike was a burly guy who played both ways in football as an end at Duke, and earned a spot on the All-Conference team as a receiver and place-kicker.’
- ‘‘Punters and place-kickers have more pressure than anybody because that might be our last play of the game,’ Aguiar says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.