One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNZ, Australian
A disease of sheep affecting the penis sheath.‘the ram has a rip-roaring case of pizzle rot’
- ‘A small benign external ulcer could progress to true pizzle rot.’
- ‘Castration before puberty may predispose the animal to pizzle rot.’
- ‘Have the ram examined and tested for pizzle rot.’
- ‘These new lambs would be resistant to pizzle rot.’
- ‘Testosterone also is widely used in Australia to prevent pizzle-rot.’
- ‘The preparation is used to stop pizzle rot.’
- ‘The procedure is used in male sheep as a prevention against pizzle rot.’
- ‘In Australia and New Zealand, ulcerative posthitis is known as pizzle-rot.’
- ‘Pizzle rot has given a little trouble but has been adequately controlled.’
- ‘Rams should be checked for pizzle rot on the penis sheath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.