Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer casing which is not very tall and has a square cross section.
- ‘Shaped like a small pizza box, it's mounted flat on the side of the case to aid heat dissipation.’
- ‘Today, a server that is about the size of a pizza box can reside in a rack with 41 others; tomorrow, Bogues expects rack systems to hold hundreds of servers.’
- ‘Everybody expected a pizza box, so what would have been the harm of a larger Mac mini if they weren't even thinking of marketing it as transportable?’
- ‘My wife might be listening, but in essence it's a little pizza box that oscillates and it oscillates to the point of barely perceptible vibrations.’
- ‘The desktop model is similar to the pizza box.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.