One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of Italian origin, consisting of a flat round base of dough baked with a topping of tomatoes and cheese, typically with added meat, fish, or vegetables.‘a cheese and tomato pizza’mass noun ‘a slice of pizza’as modifier ‘a pizza restaurant’
- ‘But he eventually set up on his own business and word quickly spread about his home-made pasta and pizzas.’
- ‘I make the sauces for the pastas and pizzas and all sorts of things.’
- ‘Strew the mozzarella and tomatoes over the pizzas, then add the pancetta, ruffling it up a bit.’
- ‘They are then offered a diet of burgers, chips, pizzas and coke from school canteens.’
- ‘Salads were between three and six leva and pastas and pizzas were priced at around six or seven leva.’
- ‘The food in Livigno is hearty - big pasta dishes, pizzas and lots of salty chips.’
- ‘The pizzas were freshly baked in a brick oven and tasted absolutely fantastic.’
- ‘Even eating a slice of Italian sausage pizza with extra mozzarella had become a patriotic act.’
- ‘The food consisted of a variety of sandwiches, mini pizzas, sushi, and other dishes along with cookies and coffee.’
- ‘As for the pizza toppings, there is a reason that Italians still love certain old standards.’
- ‘It is naturally, an Italian restaurant, and pizzas play an important role on its menu.’
- ‘It would be very sad if all French cooks could manage was pizzas, steaks and burgers.’
- ‘Eat them in salads, sandwiches, pizzas or use as an intense base for sauces.’
- ‘There's a mid-range menu serving posh pizzas, burgers and a range of light bites, salads and skewers.’
- ‘The applicant wants to change the ground floor into a pizza and pasta takeaway.’
- ‘The pizza was closer to an Italian pizza than anything I have ever tried Stateside.’
- ‘This isn't an attempt to deprive the world of pizzas, the Italians just want some recognition for their creation.’
- ‘Because when we leave Lucknow, one thing I will really miss is the pizzas from Pizza Port.’
- ‘Pizzette are miniature pizzas which are often fried rather than baked.’
- ‘Restaurants excel in serving up the island's seafood alongside the usual pizzas and pastas.’
Italian, literally ‘pie’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.