One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's short hairstyle in which the hair is cropped in layers, typically so as to create a slightly tousled effect.‘the pixie cut is becoming almost a signature look for all celebrities looking to revamp their image’
- ‘I have long wished that I could get away with a pixie cut.’
- ‘Not long before, I had cropped my long hair into a pixie cut, the first since fourth grade.’
- ‘My dirty-blond mop had become a trim black pixie cut, and I'd traded overalls for a diminutive miniskirt.’
- ‘Alyssa has delicate features and huge eyes which are played up with her short sculptured pixie crop.’
- ‘She has a blond, bright pixie cut and blue eyes.’
- ‘Use a little styling wax to add lift to pixie cuts.’
- ‘She finished a client's pixie cut.’
- ‘I went in and asked for the pixie cut, the same one I've been getting for a little while now, and I think it's at its shortest yet.’
- ‘The fashion world has gone crazy for the new pixie crop look.’
- ‘Even Demi Moore, who rocked the pixie cut in Ghost, now sports a poker-straight curtain.’
- ‘I have more hair than I would've thought for a pixie cut, but I'll be able to figure it out better once I've washed it and styled it myself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.