Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman's short hairstyle in which the hair is cropped in layers, typically so as to create a slightly tousled effect:‘the pixie cut is becoming almost a signature look for all celebrities looking to revamp their image’
- ‘The fashion world has gone crazy for the new pixie crop look.’
- ‘I went in and asked for the pixie cut, the same one I've been getting for a little while now, and I think it's at its shortest yet.’
- ‘Alyssa has delicate features and huge eyes which are played up with her short sculptured pixie crop.’
- ‘I have long wished that I could get away with a pixie cut.’
- ‘I have more hair than I would've thought for a pixie cut, but I'll be able to figure it out better once I've washed it and styled it myself.’
- ‘She has a blond, bright pixie cut and blue eyes.’
- ‘She finished a client's pixie cut.’
- ‘My dirty-blond mop had become a trim black pixie cut, and I'd traded overalls for a diminutive miniskirt.’
- ‘Even Demi Moore, who rocked the pixie cut in Ghost, now sports a poker-straight curtain.’
- ‘Use a little styling wax to add lift to pixie cuts.’
- ‘Not long before, I had cropped my long hair into a pixie cut, the first since fourth grade.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.