One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I felt like shooting some photos early this morning, so I tiptoed into the yard and was really surprised to see how much color, how much nature exists in this pit of pitifulness.’
- ‘But a mob without any man at the head of it, is beneath pitifulness.’
- ‘He laughed at my pitifulness, the way I was cringing and crying.’
- ‘Professional sport these days is a multi million-dollar industry, and Bangladesh's punch-drunk pitifulness has no place in the modern era, however harsh that assessment may be.’
- ‘Worse than practicing bad journalism, Isaacson seems intent on achieving what can only be called a tour de force of pitifulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.