One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large earthenware storage jar.
- ‘The reused pithos is decorated in relief with a guilloche band and a register of cranes.’
- ‘Other than the pithos and its lid, no ceramic vessels were clearly being used in the room at the time it was destroyed.’
- ‘A number of vases were recovered in the room: two high-necked cups, a large skyphos, three amphoras, two hydrias, a cooking pot, and two pithoi.’
- ‘Finds from the upper levels of A1600 consisted of numerous large fragments of pithoi, perhaps attesting to additional storage in this area.’
- ‘The two paving stones along the east side were probably bases for pithoi, fragments of which were found smashed on the room's floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.