Like or as dark as pitch.
black, dark, pitch-dark, black as pitchView synonyms
- ‘More often than not they're long wooden buildings, creosoted to a pitchy blackness and with white-painted windows.’
- ‘Flint is best for hand sanding painted or pitchy surfaces which can clog the paper.’
- ‘Crystals are probably at least partially metamict and can be recognized by their high specific gravity, pitchy luster, and black color.’
- ‘The pitchy pigment's obscuring weight seems to bank rather than smother the glimmering coruscations.’
- ‘Drawing has been rudely incised and rubbed with pitchy graphite, which collects in the scars of the engraved surface.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.