One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bowl a ball so that it bounces near the batsman.
- ‘However, from his first over in Kingston he has troubled the West Indian batsman by pitching the ball up and inviting them to drive.’
- ‘The Yorkshire fast bowler gave a superb exhibition of swing bowling, pitching the ball up and enabling it to move late.’
- ‘The next ball was pitched up and driven for four.’
- ‘When the ball was pitched up, though, batting was a different and decidedly difficult proposition.’
- ‘On the first day the bowlers pitched the ball up in search of movement that was not there and did not adjust their length quickly enough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.