One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bowl a ball so that it bounces near the batsman.
- ‘The Yorkshire fast bowler gave a superb exhibition of swing bowling, pitching the ball up and enabling it to move late.’
- ‘However, from his first over in Kingston he has troubled the West Indian batsman by pitching the ball up and inviting them to drive.’
- ‘When the ball was pitched up, though, batting was a different and decidedly difficult proposition.’
- ‘On the first day the bowlers pitched the ball up in search of movement that was not there and did not adjust their length quickly enough.’
- ‘The next ball was pitched up and driven for four.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.