One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pine tree with hard, heavy, resinous timber that is used in building, especially the longleaf pine of North America.
- ‘We sampled vegetation and developed pitch pine and Virginia pine tree-ring chronologies from the midslope and the mountaintop.’
- ‘Today, Steinauer explains, they've either been developed or invaded by pitch pine and scrub oak.’
- ‘Among its features is the large fitted kitchen with a plumbed island unit built from pitch pine which was recycled from an old church in France.’
- ‘An external porch with slate floor leads to a large entrance hall with an elegant staircase made of pitch pine.’
- ‘After the Virginia pine established, most trees experienced a release in growth in the 1960s; this 1960s release event was not identified in the pitch pine from the same site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.