One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pine tree with hard, heavy, resinous timber that is used in building, especially the longleaf pine of North America.
- ‘Today, Steinauer explains, they've either been developed or invaded by pitch pine and scrub oak.’
- ‘After the Virginia pine established, most trees experienced a release in growth in the 1960s; this 1960s release event was not identified in the pitch pine from the same site.’
- ‘Among its features is the large fitted kitchen with a plumbed island unit built from pitch pine which was recycled from an old church in France.’
- ‘We sampled vegetation and developed pitch pine and Virginia pine tree-ring chronologies from the midslope and the mountaintop.’
- ‘An external porch with slate floor leads to a large entrance hall with an elegant staircase made of pitch pine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.