One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Control of the pitch of a helicopter's rotors or an aircraft's propellers.
- ‘‘We've been investigating the pitch control on the elevation and realized that the Wrights probably had to use some sort of turnbuckle to adjust the slackness in the cables,’ Engler said.’
2Control of the pitching motion of an aircraft.
- ‘I initially thought the wind swirling around the cliffs had caused the turbulence, but, whatever the reason, we rapidly were descending through 400 feet and losing pitch control.’
- ‘Allow the pilot to lift more from the center of gravity while still having pitch control.’
- ‘This provides for a wider range of pitch control for the average flex wing.’
- ‘It is no problem to move from side to side for roll control and forward and back for pitch control.’
- ‘The team hopes he can regain his confidence and improve his pitch control at Class AAA New Orleans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.