One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of an American variety of bull terrier, noted for its ferocity.
- ‘My puppy was attacked by a pit bull while the owner watched.’
- ‘In England, when they decided to ban the American pit bull terrier, they immediately had trouble identifying the dog.’
- ‘He went out one day when his pit bull was still a puppy, and it decided to chew stuff up, the way a puppy does.’
- ‘I see nothing wrong with having pets in these areas, but the dog pictured appears to be a pit bull.’
- ‘Alex looked on at Nina, the puppy pit bull, and laughed as she pulled Andrea's swim shorts down with her teeth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.