Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dog of an American variety of bull terrier, noted for its ferocity.
- ‘He went out one day when his pit bull was still a puppy, and it decided to chew stuff up, the way a puppy does.’
- ‘My puppy was attacked by a pit bull while the owner watched.’
- ‘In England, when they decided to ban the American pit bull terrier, they immediately had trouble identifying the dog.’
- ‘I see nothing wrong with having pets in these areas, but the dog pictured appears to be a pit bull.’
- ‘Alex looked on at Nina, the puppy pit bull, and laughed as she pulled Andrea's swim shorts down with her teeth.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.