One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Spain and Spanish-speaking areas) a gunman or gangster.
- ‘Not that these expert pistoleros would stretch the truth - as they apparently are all expert shots at long ranges.’
- ‘Knowing this, most experienced pistoleros will gladly trade a little additional recoil for a lighter burden.’
- ‘Some savvy pistoleros refer to it as the Rolls Royce of handgun holsters and I'm inclined to agree with them.’
- ‘For many years, the National Matches drew over a thousand pistoleros.’
- ‘He's so good, in fact, that the nastiest bunch of pistoleros in the Territory set out to recruit him to join their gang.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.